Monday, March 14, 2011

Almost there...

Today I finished the drilling for the dowels, checked the depth of the holes, and glued the left edge to the seat. Everything went well. Alignment is good, maybe 1/32 or so between seat and edge, which can easily be sanded smooth.

Left side ready to go

I checked alignment of the dowels before gluing, looks good.

I used my grandfathers bar clamps to hold everything tight, I'm not sure exactly what he built with them, they feel like they're made of iron. They're almost as heavy as the chair!

I will stare at the chair all night, waiting for the glue to dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment